Friday, March 30, 2012

I left my heart in Firenze

Hey guys, how have you all been?
I've been doing really well. I just got back from my 2 day (really only 1.5 days) in Firenze (Florence), Italy. All I can say is I am IN LOVE. I also decided this was probably good I didn't get to see everything there because now I have an excuse to go back.


I definitely am on a gelato diet. But seriously, gelato here is like eating a sweet cloud...nothing like it!


A true Italian brand, Missoni!


Cute little stores everywhere . . .





The art in Florence is amazing e molto bella!





This is only a fraction of the pictures I took there (don't worry, I'll probably post images for days after I come back).

I stayed at the Westin Excelsior in Florence, and the reason why I have to mention that is, if you ever stay in Florence and really want to stay somewhere nice or have people with whom you can split the cost (it's pricey), stay there. The rooms are amazing, fully equipped and comfortable, and the service is top notch! Ilaria, the woman who checked me in, was super attentive and personally took me to my room. And the next day, Alessio (it's something similar to this but not exact) at Concierge was amazing. He was personable and super informative, and helped me reserve tickets at the Academia and Uffizi so I wouldn't have to wait in line (after letting him know I was leaving that same night). I just thought I would let everyone know because I work at a hotel and after staying there, it's really inspired me to be even more amazing.

Oh Firenze, mi manchi giĆ  (I miss you already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment