Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Louis Vuitton and Mohonk Mountains

Woke up this morning to watch the live streaming of Louis Vuitton. I maybe missed the first 5 minutes or so because my mom was checking her mail, but saw the rest. I was actually shocked because I was expecting it to start much later, and it didn't.

So highlights would be thus:

  • Models with super huge afros and miniature bows
  • Huge raccoon tails hanging off bags
  • Backpacks!
  • Colors (some of which reminded me a tad of Marc Jacob's own S/S 2010 at some points)
  • Furry and fringed shoes

As I was watching the show, I kept thinking Japanese street fashion. Turns out, as I'm reading some of the other reviews right now, a lot of people seemed to think the same thing. I'm telling you: the colors, the furry tails, the quirky afros, the layering of all the clothes: it was very much edging towards "kawaii" (Japanese for "cute"). Still, the sophistication was there and the color palette was wider than Marc Jacob's own show. Overall, I liked it.



Also this morning, I got an email from my favorite (well, one of my favorite) email subscriptions Vital Juice, with a list of things to do in October. As I was scrolling through, I came across what seems to be the most budget friendly way to enjoy nature and have a good exercise to boot.

The Mohonk Mountains/Preserve!

I checked up on their website and saw some pictures: it looks AMAZING. To think I can do this 2 hours away from the city makes me giddy like a little school girl. Also what makes it amazing is the fact that admissions is only $10. Of course, I'd have to pay extra to take a bus there from the Port Authority, but considering the fact that I really can't do this in the city, I'd say it's worth it. There's also a climbing option, where you can climb rocks (fees here are $15) but I don't think I'm going to try that until I experience some safer climbs at Brooklyn Boulders.

Either way, I think I'll be giving the High Peters Kill a whirl because its got the longest miles and the most strenuous hike, and I'm pretty much there when it comes to long walks and getting dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment