Saturday, February 13, 2010

Collections we like ft. NY Fashion Week . . .

We;
Definition: 1. You and I, the collective people that like the following things
2. A sign that I've gone crazy because I refer to myself as we


Cynthia Steffe Fall 2010



Okay, so not so much on the color palette, but in NY, we like our blacks and monotones.
I'm definitely liking the school uniform-esque fashion. It's very youthful. The fact that everything is very monochromatic makes it seem more mature though.
There were also some leather pieces, which since it's fall, is always a popular choice. Overall, cute!

Preen Fall 2010



Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi have done well. Most people often think floral for spring, but this floral collection infused with sharp tailored looks and cut out dresses is perfect for fall. Again, the colors are very monochromatic (minus some purple and yellow), but everything is a perfect balance of feminine and strong. I personally liked how they incorporated their sheers. I am really in love with everything.

Vena Cava Fall 2010



Hip, chic, city folk seems to be the audience for Vena Cava. And I'm not complaining, the little added details in texture and material are definitely pleasing. Things are tucked, draped, belted, and hatted (<-----not a word<----no duh), all of which is totally up my alley. Oh, and I like really big BIG decorative necklaces.


A big shout out also goes to Jason Wu for putting a lot of color into his collection. That and the expert printing he had going on was just amazing.


Alrighty guys, I'm going to get off. Soon will be a post coming from me about what I've been up to, along with more on the collections. Toodles!


Images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment