Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Quickie Update

Today's Agendas:

-Going to Soho (after a failed attempt at going to see Tim Burton's exhibit at the MOMA yet again)
-Shopping
-Eating
-Buying fruits because I have run out and all I have left is 2/3 of an apple
-Hanging out with my friend Anna!


Oh, and to make this post not as boring, I was watching Pretty Woman yesterday. I never actually watched it all the way through before (or if I did, it was when I was little and knew squat), and I gotta say, I loved it! A person like Julia Roberts is probably born only every millennia. I thought her and Richard Gere were perfect.

Speaking of, I also found the wardrobe to be perfect. It was released in 1990, which was pretty much just when the 80s were ending, but everyone still has that kind of big hair/stiff pouf bangs that I like so much. And on top of that, the dresses Julia Roberts wore made me too happy.



The best parts of the movie though were the parts involving the hotel staff and the store people. Example A (when Richard Gere and Julia Roberts goes to buy some lady-like clothes to replace Julia's hooker garb)
Hollister: Exactly how obscene an amount of money were you talking about? Just… profane, or really offensive?
Edward: Really offensive.
Hollister: [to himself] I like him so much.
That kind of rocked my world.

Finally, the music, again, is right up my alley.

I need to own this film in the future.

P.S. I think I have a secret crush on Richard Gere I'm not aware of

No comments:

Post a Comment