Friday, September 4, 2009

My Week at FIT

So my first week at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) has pretty much simmered down, and I gotta say up until Friday, it's been the worst week of my life (exaggeration remark #1).

This is mainly due to the fact that:
1. Since last week, I had the craziest tooth ache and sore throat, disabling me from chewing or swallowing i.e. eating
2. I didn't get my materials until Thursday afternoon, meaning I was way unprepared and suffered the wrath of responsibility speeches and the guilt from the kindness of peers
3. I was late to maybe 6 out of 8 classes this week (and late = being exactly on time because apparently everyone is already there 10 minutes before class starts)
4. 2 days ago I got a blister on my lip and a bump on my tongue which I thought was caused by some crazy allergy but allergy medicine didn't make it feel better
5. Got pooped on by a bird on my favorite granny sweater

BUT THEN ON FRIDAY, I officially got over it because I had a day full of drawing (God yes) and established that everyone in my block classes is fabulousity. Followed up by 3 hours spent finishing my pattern on muslin for draping, which was possible due to the help of a super nice upperclassman. So now I'm going to enjoy my lazy weekend, which will consist of farewell parties, homework, and the continuation of le journey of Harry Potter part 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment