Monday, January 18, 2010

So I wasn't on the computer for a little while . . .

I had totally forgotten to update! Okay, I didn't forget. It was in the back of my mind. But what do you do when you're out most of the weekend?

Well, I promised a small review of that restaurant my friend and I ended up going to last time, so here it is!






Yes, I did have my friend just stand in front of the restaurant for that first pic.

Anyway, we went to Olive Tree Cafe! It's this restaurant/bar (?) joint near West 4th. I believe there is a downstairs (which is the bar?) but upstairs happened to be where we sat to eat.
Okay, so the reason we came here was because my friend had suggested it a really cool place. And I mean, how can it not be if you can DRAW ON THE TABLES WITH CHALK?? Image 3 are the awesome doodles we both did.
We split an order of falafels (the falafel plate, not sandwich), and we each got separate drinks. I got "Rainforest Mate" tea.

Verdict: The falafels were good. They were a good size and fried well so it was crispy enough on the outside but mushy enough on the inside. The other thing I liked was that you could build your own sandwich with the platter.
The tea was nothing special. Actually, it tasted like mint gum (my friend said double mint). I drank it anyway because it was chilly that day, but I'm not a huge fan of the tea.

The service was okay. Not exceptional or anything, but the guy was nice and answered our questions.

The pricing is all moderate. Based on a price to portion ratio, I think the prices are set pretty well. Since this was my first time and I never ordered anything else, I'm not a hundred percent sure if it applies to everything on the menu. But I thought it was okay.


Sadly, this is all I could do today. My computer is lagging like crazy right now, so any further updates will have to come another time. Bye everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Cute restaurant! I've been having a serious falafel craving recently.

    ReplyDelete